The Investigative Committee has opened a new criminal case against the former owner of the bank "Ugra" Alexei Khotin, said on Friday, September 13, an investigator in the Basmanny court of Moscow. The statement was made at the hearing, where the petition for extending the banker's house arrest in the previously initiated case of embezzlement of 7.5 billion rubles was granted.
“Since the last extension of the preventive measure, a new criminal case has been instituted for another crime - upon the embezzlement of funds of PJSC Bank Ugra in the amount of about 283 billion rubles. [h 4 tbsp. 160 of the Criminal Code], ”said the representative of the Investigative Committee (TFR). In the case, more than a hundred people are to be interrogated and a complex of complex examinations to be conducted, he specified.
A new case was opened on July 10, follows from the documents that were presented to Judge Natalia Dudar at the meeting. Earlier, Khotin and two other accused, ex-president of Ugra Alexei Nefedov and former chairman of the bank Dmitry Shilyaev, were charged 7.5 billion rubles. The total damage in two cases exceeded 290 billion rubles. The Deposit Insurance Agency (DIA) filed a civil lawsuit against the persons involved in the case for this amount, it follows from the case file announced in court. RBC sent a request to the DIA.
The combined case was transferred to production to Major General Sergey Chernyshov, who had previously investigated the case of the “colonel-billionaire” of the Ministry of Internal Affairs Dmitry Zakharchenko and led the investigation in the case of the death of the Kursk submarine.
“The amount can be called a record. But often, when things go to court, the amount is reduced. Sometimes nothing is left of the initial damage, ”said Alexei Dobrynin, partner at Pen & Paper, the Bar & Law Firm, to RBC.
Letter by Nabiullina
After withdrawing the license from Ugra in the summer of 2017, the Central Bank applied to law enforcement agencies several times, but to no avail. Immediately after the introduction of the provisional administration, the Prosecutor General's Office intervened for the troubled bank, saying that the bank did not violate mandatory standards and was a "financially stable credit institution." The bank was declared bankrupt a year after the license was revoked, and a criminal case against Khotin, Nefedov and Shilyaev was initiated only in the spring of 2019, after the head of the Central Bank Elvira Nabiullina wrote a letter to Vladimir Putin, the media wrote.
In September 2019, the Investigative Committee opened a criminal case on embezzlement and legalization of funds of Promsvyazbank, owned by Alexei and Dmitry Ananyev. The provisional administration of the bank claims against the former owners in the amount of up to 282 billion rubles. In the criminal case, we are talking about smaller amounts: the brothers are charged with embezzlement and laundering of 66 billion rubles. and $ 575 million. Also, a case involving the embezzlement of 102 billion rubles, in which the brothers do not appear, was connected with the withdrawal of funds from Promsvyazbank, the investigator said.
A criminal case has also been filed against the former chairman of the bank’s board, Yevgeny Dankevich, the damage is estimated at 34 billion rubles. Otkritie Bank filed a lawsuit against the former largest shareholder and top managers of the bank in the amount of 289.5 billion rubles.
The former chairman of the board of Vneshprombank Larisa Markus in 2017 received nine years in prison for embezzling 113.5 billion rubles from the bank.