Evraz NCSP is growing on market opportunities

The new owners of the port increase the investment program, and the city of Nakhodka will be buried in the coal dust even deeper.
New shareholders of Evraz NCSP are planning to invest about 3.5 billion rubles by the year 2020. The bulk of these funds will go to the installation of a car dumper, after the launch of which the volume of transshipment should increase by 20-25%. Also, the owners will continue to invest in the modernization of technical equipment, the construction of treatment facilities and the purchase of additional dustproof screens.

In the framework of the investment program until 2020, the new owner of Evraz NCSP, Cyprus-based Lanebrook Limited, Roman Abramovich, Alexander Abramov, Alexander Frolov and Evgeny Shvidler - plans to invest about 3.5 billion rubles in the port, while maintaining the current situation. This was reported to journalists in Evraz NCSP. In June, Evraz closed the deal to sell 100% of the port to its main shareholder for $ 354.4 million.

The main project of the investment program will be the installation of a car dumper. According to the calculations of the port's management, this will require about 1.5 billion rubles. The launch of the equipment is scheduled for early 2019, which will allow to increase the transshipment volumes by 20-25% within the next two years.

Evraz NCSP is the largest stevedore in the port of Nakhodka. The universal port has 15 cargo and two auxiliary berths with a depth of 8.5 m to 11 m and a total length of 3.5 km. Features of the port allow you to unload up to 500 wagons per day. The net profit of Evraz NCSP for 2016 is $ 44.5 million (in 2015 - 3.3 billion rubles according to RAS), cargo turnover - more than 10 million tons of coal and metals. The main clients of Evraz NCSP are Evraz, which concluded a long-term five-year transshipment contract for the sale of the Sibuglemet holding, which is managed by Evraz, but according to Kommersant's data, belongs to structures close to VEB.

According to the general director of the port, Vyacheslav Sarayev, 70% of the total volume of transshipment is coal, the remaining 30% - for metals. According to Mr. Sarayev, now the port has three or four more offers from companies that want to conclude long-term contracts, but the port looks at them "with caution": a decision on concluding such contracts will be made based on market conditions.

In 2017, it is planned to keep the volume of transshipment at the level of the previous year - about 10.3 million tons, Mr. Sarayev said. He specified that the technological capabilities of the port allow to transship up to 12 million tons per year, but the access to such volumes is constrained by insufficient access capacity of access railroads. "We are in constant contact with the railway, discussing the possibility of expansion through the construction of a second branch in the port," said Vyacheslav Sarayev, adding that the project can be financed at the expense of its own funds while maintaining the current market conditions. The company is also exploring the possibility of developing the Cape Astafieva railway station, including through its own port areas.

As the port's management notes, installing a car dumper will not only increase the volume of transshipment, but also reduce its cost by reducing the number of stages. In addition, the launch of equipment will partially solve the problem of the formation of coal dust, as the car will be tipped in a confined space using water cannons, explained in Evraz NCSP.

In the framework of the investment program, modernization of crane and loading equipment, tugs and other special equipment will also continue, construction of treatment facilities and installation of additional dustproof screens is planned. The first such screens, according to the leadership of the port, were delivered in 2013-2016. During the same period, water cannons were purchased, an irrigation system for coal stacks was launched, and concrete fences around the places of storage and transshipment of coal were built. Total investment amounted to 120 million rubles. "As a result, the concentration of harmful substances in the air near the port territory decreased by three to four times," - declare in Evraz NCSP.

Recall, during a direct line with Vladimir Putin, the boy Andrei from Nakhodka complained to the president about problems with coal dust. The Russian president promised to deal with this problem and minimize the damage to the environment and people. The local prosecutor's office, on behalf of the Prosecutor General's Office, and the Rosprirodnadzor started checking the terminals in the port.