The founder and until recently CEO of the most popular Russian social network "VKontakte" after his dismissal announced resonance that is abroad and does not intend to return to Russia. Their fate and place of residence of the founder of the social network keeps in secret, at the same time holding the pages of the main competitor of his creation - Facebook - survey, which country he should choose for life and work. If a resident former CEO still undecided, the way found out "Izvestiya", good citizenship, which allows to travel the world virtually unhindered, he himself has already purchased. Durov donated $ 250 thousand. In one of the enterprises of Saint Kitts and Nevis. According to the legislation of the island nation, a donation in that amount gives the right to automatic citizenship.
The Federation of St. Kitts and Nevis is a two island in the Caribbean Sea area is about 10 times less than in Moscow and has a population of 50 thousand. Man. the island nation itself passport allows visa-nSeshcha 131 countries of the world, including EU countries. For visits to the United States the holder of the passport can immediately make a visa for 10 years. In addition, the island is a comfortable haven for tax evasion - many businesses use it to create offshore companies.
As told "Izvestia" a source close to shareholders "VKontakte", the founder of the network in February, before his dismissal, had converted to sugar Saint Kitts and Nevis fund the necessary amount to obtain citizenship.
- In early February, Pavel Durov paid $ 250 thousand in the country of St. Kitts and Nevis Sugar Fund.. And, accordingly, it has already received citizenship. Fund to diversify the sugar industry is a specialized organization for the implementation of the program "Citizenship through investments", - said the source. - Contributions to the fund established sizes give foreigners the right to obtain the citizenship of Saint Kitts and Nevis on the investment program, as well as in the case with investment in facilities approved in advance Islands property.
Other interlocutors of "Izvestia", familiar with PaulDurov, argue that citizenship of Saint Kitts and Nevis, he received a year ago.
- Now in the same way the citizenship of Saint Kitts and Nevis prepares brother Durov - Nicholas, who worked "Vkontakte" technical director - a source told "Izvestia".
The Government of St. Kitts and Nevis said, "Izvestia", that do not disclose information about its citizens.
The representative of the British company Henley Estates, which among other things is engaged in registration of citizenship Saint Kitts and Nevis for the Russians, said that an application for citizenship is considered from 3 to 6 months. From this we can conclude that Pavel Durov applied for citizenship last year.
- There are two ways: a contribution of the investment fund and the purchase of real estate. Real estate can be bought only at the state-approved developers. After 5 years after obtaining citizenship it can be sold. Consideration of the application of the applicant takes place in the period from 3 to 6 months, and only need to pay once given approval for citizenship - told in the company. - Sam passport yesArt without the possibility of a visa to visit EU countries, including Britain. Chances quickly obtain long-term visa in the United States.
Managing partner of Henley Estates Artem Alekseev told "Izvestia" that the company has about 80% of the market St. Kitts and Nevis, and is an official partner of the government's investment program of citizenship.
- The interest of Russians to the program is growing, especially in recent years, and only for the first 3 months of 2014 the number of applicants increased by 40% compared with the previous year, - said Alekseev.
The living mainly through agriculture and tourism the state stimulates its economy on the program for many years, "citizenship through investment." Under this program, to obtain citizenship, need to invest $ 250 thousand. In Diabetes fund of the country.
In addition to the second citizenship of Saint Kitts and Nevis at the Durov has a residence visa of UAE (United Arab Emirates). This "News" said a source close to the "Vkontakte".
- It is no accident, just afterhis departure from Russia Durov went exactly to the Emirates. He had made himself a UAE residence visa, which is actually a residence permit. This visa allows you to live in the United Arab Emirates up to three years and may then be renewed, - said the source.
Resident visa, foreigners wishing to live a long time in the UAE, make out in two ways. The first - buy a local real estate worth between $ 275 thousand, but most businesses receive investor visa -. Through the acquisition of companies. No additional investment costs in addition to the registration in this case is not required. Most likely, Durov use it.
Immediately after his departure from Russia the founder of "Vkontakte" settled in the hotel The Palace The Old Town is located in Dubai. Standard room of this 5-star hotel costs about $ 500 a day, and "luxury" room from $ 800 per night.
The hotel "News" confirmed that Durov lived with them last week, but left out of the hotel on Friday, April 25th.
Durov himself tried to convince everyone that he is in Europe. While in the UAE, Durov on its pageson Facebook he said that he and a team of 12 developers are located in Central Europe and are looking for a country that would best suit them.
- Now we are looking for a permanent platform for the work. We choose the new home country, which will allow us to develop our projects, - he wrote.
From fled Durov?
In the most "VKontakte" we have often had to say that they knew nothing about the whereabouts of Pavel Durov. The Acting Director General of the social network after the dismissal of Boris Dobrodeev Durov told the public that "VKontakte" will be developed as well as developing and to Durov's dismissal.
Internet expert Anton Mercury is considered that the world has enough countries where Durov can find a place to live and work.
- Now we do not know where Durov and where he wants to live. But the world has enough countries where they can find themselves and develop their new projects. At the same time the future of social "VKontakte" network seems not so straightforward - said Mercury. - But do not rule out that the capitalization and other economic claimindicators of the company can remain the same.
Durov himself in relation to the situation with "VKontakte" said that will continue to be engaged in the IT-industry. On his Facebook page, he said that he and a team of 12 developers are temporarily housed in the Central Europe and are looking for a country that would best suit them.
- Now we are looking for a permanent platform for the work. We choose the new home country, which will allow us to develop our projects, - he wrote. And he placed his post, when he was in the United Arab Emirates
However, some experts believe that the future is not as cloudless Durov and his hasty departure may indicate problems of a legal nature.
In early April, UCP fund, which owns 48% "VKontakte", presented to the general director of the social network Pavel Durov and Mail.Ru Group lawsuit in the Supreme Court of the Virgin Islands. The plaintiffs accuse Pavel Durov in the withdrawal of assets from "VKontakte" and major embezzlement. The lawsuit asked the court to order UCP Pavel Durov fully compensate for the damage caused, which amounted to more than 500 million rubles. Only tickets for the Olympics for the cost to DurovMpano 2 million rubles. During the first 9 months of last year, 24.2 million rubles were spent on "trips and theater tickets" for the director general, 45 million rubles have made it "travel expenses."
How to write "News", a significant part of "travel" was spent on charter flights. Only one flight from San Francisco to Munich cost 2.04 million rubles, and in the second half of 2012 on a variety of charters has been spent 13 million rubles. According to the plaintiffs, these expenses are not due to production needs. In addition, the shareholders have not arranged premiums and bonuses, which the head of the company "pay yourself". In addition, according to the plaintiffs, at the expense of "VKontakte" was funded by the project and the creation of a competing social network - Messager Telegram. The plaintiffs demanded to recognize Telegram own social network.
- This case may have served to Durov's final argument in favor of emigration. However, such a flight could ruin his reputation as a businessman - says a source in the company. - That is why before leaving Durov was launched informationthe pressure on his security services. Even if testing its activity prove the theft and embezzlement of company funds to them, he could always claim political persecution.