"If the government will accept restrictions on deliveries from Turkey, it will likely be a positive step for Russian miners white fish - cod, pollock, halibut and flounder," - said "News" in the press service of the Federal Agency for Fishery. All of these types of fish for its taste and nutritional properties can become an alternative to chilled sea bass and sea bream, which are supplied from Turkey, noted in the department.
- As the premium quality fresh fish, and the sea bass and dorado are often brought to the Russian frozen and defrosted [thawed] immediately prior to the sale, - added to the Federal Agency for Fishery.
As the executive director of the Association of Fish Alexey Aronov, due to the ban on the supply of fish and seafood from Turkey can disappear almost 20% of the total Russian imports of chilled fish. He confirmed that in the main these are kinds of fish like sea bass, bream and rainbow trout.
- We intend to apply to the presidential administration, the Rosselkhoznadzor, Ministry of Agriculture, Rosrybolovstvo. Pay attention to the fact that the market could lose the essencetion share of chilled sea bass and dorado without any alternative supplies from other countries - Aronov said.
According to him, one of the main suppliers of these species were Greece and Turkey, where sea bass and dorado grown in aquaculture farms. However, the food embargo imposed in relation to the EU countries and the US in August 2014, ruled for Russian deliveries from Greece.
- For us there were only Turkish suppliers are available. For example, in Tunisia, sea bass and dorado are not grown and mined in vivo, with the volumes extracted all go to the internal needs of the country for export can not do anything - explains Aronov.
General Director of CJSC "North Company" Vitali Kornev appreciated the consumption of chilled sea bass and sea bream in Russia within the 10 th. Tons per year.
- This is about 8-10% of Turkish origin. The loss of this proportion is not critical either for Turkey or for Russia, - says the root. - Of the variety of retailers and catering establishments, this fish can simply disappear. Among the chilled sea bass and dorado fish were the second most popular itemAfter salmon, but with the fall of the ruble against foreign currencies and price increases demand for sea bass and sea bream fell by 40-50% in 2014.
But food safety ban on sea bass and sea bream from Turkey will not affect, confident companion.
- It's pretty expensive fish, the price for 1 kg - from 500 rubles. Fish for the "creative class", the majority of consumers do not buy it, - said Kornev. - It is possible that the supply of fish at the Turkish ban may be renewed through Tunisia and the Tunisian marked as re-export products. For Turkey, the ban will be an unpleasant loss of Russian clients who pay for delivery, usually immediately, while the European partners are used to working to pay for a delay of 30-40 days.
With the fact that the Turkish fish is not "popular", in solidarity and CEO of Fishery Union Sergey Gudkov.
- The most significant loss will be for the premium retail and HoReCa segment (hotels, restaurants, catering), - he said. - So far, no problems with the supply of fish from Turkey to Russia no. A number of participants onlyin the market say that the examination of the parties at the customs has become more careful and take more time.
According to the statistics of imports of fish Rosselkhoznadzor, currently working with Russia 45 Turkish suppliers of fish, time limit on delivery introduced to five of them in the last 3 years; enhanced control over the two providers.
Yesterday, 26 November, Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev instructed the government to develop a "system response to an act of aggression [attack on the Su-24 November 24] in the economic and humanitarian spheres." Prime Minister suggested talks collapse of Russia and Turkey on the preferential investment agreement. Investment projects may be frozen. Is considering a ban on the activities of Turkish companies in the country and for an unlimited number of embargo on imports of foodstuffs from Turkey. Also, constraints may affect the travel business and the use of labor.
November 24 bomber Su-24 crashed in Syria. Russian President Vladimir Putin said that the plane was shot down by a rocket-type "air-air" with tRetsky F-16 fighter and fell on the territory of Syria, 4 km from the border with Turkey. The commander of the Su-24 Oleg Peshkov was shot when landed on a parachute (he was posthumously awarded the title Hero of Russia). Sturman Murahtina Constantine was saved. Turkish authorities said that Russian aircraft crossed their airspace. Russia has denied these allegations. The surviving pilot told that there were no warnings to the Turkish Air Force was not before the attack.