- On Thursday, in the central office of Rolf and in several dealer centers of the company in Moscow and St. Petersburg, members of the Investigative Committee conduct searches. What is the criminal case?
- There is a case on the illegal withdrawal of money abroad from 2014. Allegedly, we too highly valued some company and paid super-big money - 4 billion rubles, and, according to the investigation, it was worth several hundred million. Instead of asking whether there was an independent assessment - we, of course, have it - they (the investigating authorities - RBC) are arranging these expensive operational measures. They probably used two regiments! In 2014, no one asked us about an independent assessment.
This is a common story, we have (in Russia. - RBC) a lot of them. Look back: for example, the case of [Mikhail] Abyzov (the former minister for “open government” is accused of creating a criminal community and fraud worth 4 billion rubles - RBC).
- What are you linking a large-scale operation right now?
- I can not say now. We are in a zone where the security forces are completely out of control, we do not have an independent court. We have not seen anyone ever pull them back. Maximum, some editor can appeal to the president, he will say: "The FSB knows better what he is doing." Further only from the pressure of others it depends ... These people (security officials. - RBC) have a thinking that any transaction is speculation, so they can find a transaction in a large company with billions of turns and cling to it.
And what makes cling is unclear. Most likely, this may be my independent position, but it always has been. Or maybe some kind of desire for raiding, because there were offers to sell [Rolf] at half price. And maybe such a mixture - someone takes revenge for the fact that I dare to have my own opinion, but because the other uses it, and offers [to sell the business] begin to pour. The problem is that you apparently need to focus on the fact that it is never clear what is causing [searches and heightened attention of security officials to business].
- Have you received offers to sell your business for a long time?