Oil pollution in the Druzhba pipeline caused damage to the entire Russian oil industry, the head of Rosneft, Igor Sechin, collapsed on Tuesday, speaking at the annual meeting of shareholders. , Due to force majeure, Rosneft was forced to reduce supplies, and their European counterparts replaced them at the expense of competitors' products, he complained. The accident caused not only material, but also reputational damage, Sechin said. And he added that he was counting on compensation from Transneft.
By evening, these words were answered by Transneft. And also publicly. Oil pollution in the Druzhba pipeline did not cause a decrease in Russian oil exports, insisted Transneft in an official statement. According to the monopoly, in the first five months of 2019, on the contrary, it grew by 3.1 million tons compared to the same period last year. Thus, the statement about ousting and replacing Russian oil does not correspond to reality, the Transneft press service reported and called for “to operate with numbers, not emotions.”
There are no problems with short shipments, follows from the statement of Transneft: Russian pipe oil is simply delivered by sea through export terminals. And Rosneft has a surplus of oil in the system, the pipeline monopoly said in a statement. In January 2019, Rosneft delivered 570,000 tons of oil to the Transneft pipeline, which was not drawn up by routing instructions. In April, the amount of unallocated oil of Rosneft exceeded one million tons, says Transneft.
As a result, the pipeline system “swells due to excess oil,” Igor Demin, a Transneft representative, explained to Forbes. According to him, this slows down the pumping and limits the intake of oil from other suppliers. Rosneft's unclaimed oil enters the tank farms, Demin complains: “This (tank farms. - Forbes) is part of our technology. This is not a storage system. ”
“We tell them about Thomas, and they tell us about Yeremu!” - an employee of “Rosneft” was outraged after the publication of the statement of “Transneft”. According to him, Transneft faces two tasks - to restore the delivery of oil through Druzhba and the image losses suffered by Russia.
And soon Rosneft published an official response: “The problem must be solved [with the restoration of pumping through Druzhba]], and not to have a discussion on this issue in a public space.” Rosneft called on Transneft to "fulfill the terms of the contract for transportation and deliver oil of good quality to our customers, rather than reflect on legal issues."
This is not the first public picketing on the theme of pollution "Friendship". In late May, Demin and First Deputy Prime Minister Anton Siluanov argued in absentia about the perpetrators of the accident. Siluanov opposed to reducing the dividends of Transneft due to cover the damage, pointing to the "shoals" of monopoly. Demin responded with lightning speed, saying that Transneft was not going to ask for a reduction in the amount of dividends, and called the version of the “jambs” simplified. "Transneft" is nervous and breaks down, "- says an employee of Rosneft.
About pollution "Friendship" became known on April 19. As a result, deliveries of oil through this branch to Belarus, Ukraine, Germany, Poland and a number of European countries were suspended. According to various estimates, the damage from the pollution of the oil pipeline may range from $ 100 to $ 400 million. According to Transneft, deliveries to Hungary, Slovakia, the Czech Republic and Belarus have been restored. Till June 10, 2019 deliveries to Poland and Germany will resume.